Featured Post

The white-Left Part 1: The two meanings of white

Monday, July 24, 2017

Free Syria joins flags of the world on Venice Beach


For more than a year now, Punya has been bringing his world flag display and drum circle to Venice Beach. Every Sunday, he and a few volunteers put up a display of more than 200 flags in the sand. The flags represent 189 members of the United Nations and all 50 states of the United States. They also host a drum circle that plays til sunset.

A few weeks ago Punya moved the display to the north end of Venice Beach, my neighborhood, so this Sunday I bought him a new flag. I explained how it was different from the Syrian flag he already had on display. I explain that this was the flag of Syrian revolution, and is flown by those that are fighting both the Assad Regime and the Islamic State. He was happy to add it to the display.  


The flag in Syria
More Pictures of the World Flags Display on Venice Beach
Punya
Free Syria Flag

Drum Dance Pray 4 World Peace: Website  Facebook

Drum Dance Pray 4 World Peace | 29 August 2016


Syria is the Paris Commune of the 21st Century!

Click here for my posts on the 2016 US Election
Click here for a list of my other blogs on Syria
Click here for a list of my other blogs on Libya

No comments:

Post a Comment